How Promote Telegram Channel?November 16, 2021
How To Clear Telegram History?November 21, 2021
Telegram has provided different features to allow its users to communicate with each other such as regular chat, secret chat, chatbot, group chat, and even interaction on the channel’s comment section.
That’s why many users from all over the world intend to use this helpful app.
The variety of options and tools that the users can use in this app is unique compared to another similar apps.
The Telegram group is one of the most popular features of this app for different ages and social classes use it for any possible reason.
So, if you use Telegram or want to use it, you must know what the Telegram group is, why you should use it, how to join or create one, and any other related information about this app.
In this regard, you’d better go through the following paragraphs of this article and increase your knowledge about one of the most popular online messengers of the world.
Telegram Group Basics
If you have used other similar platforms like WhatsApp groups, you are familiar with the basic concept of online groups.
The users in this platform are divided into three types: the owner, the admin(s), and the regular members.
Telegram group ownership has belonged to the user who has created the group, and they can promote the members as admins whenever they want.
It is also the owner who decides to permit the admins to change the group information.
If the group owner or the admins permit the group members, they can send messages, media, stickers, GIFs, polls, and links to the group.
The member also needs allowance to add the other users to the group or pin messages in the group to announce the other users.
They can also change chat information, including profile photos, group names, and bio if they are allowed.
As mentioned before, there is no limitation for sending different types of media to the group.
Admins can delete the chats and the group’s contents whenever they want, and they could also block the members from the group.
Telegram group limits are 200,000 people, and the group by that number of members is worth a lot.
Getting a Telegram group to that size isn’t easy, requiring so much effort.
But generally, the more members in the group, the more fame and success belongs to that group.
In groups with a considerable number of members, sometimes the admins apply admin bots.
Because controlling big groups or supergroups with numerous members is not easy.
Some Telegram bots can play the role of the group’s admins.
Telegram Group’s Usages
You can use the groups of Telegram for any possible reasons.
Groups are the clouds of communication in Telegram that allow different people with various cultures and beliefs.
If we want to categorize the usages of the Telegram group, we shall mention to:
- Business most successful marketers and investors are using Telegram groups as means of making money.
- By having a vast number of members, it is not far-fetched to make money because you can do advertisements for the other businesses in such a situation.
- Even when you achieve a reputation on this platform, you can sell your products and services online.
- There are a lot of groups on Telegram in the field of teaching and learning.
- This usage of the Telegram group has increased after the global pandemic that many training courses have been held in this helpful platform.
- Teachers and instructors hold their class through videos, files, and voice chats and examine feedbacks of trainees by the other valuable features of Telegram like quiz polls or direct asking and answering.
- Many people are using Telegram groups just for the sake of having fun and entertainment.
- Because of the fast development of technologies and the busy lifestyle, people do not have much time to spend together.
- Aside from the crowded lifestyle, the global pandemic doesn’t allow people to gather together.
- In this sense, online groups in an easy-to-use platform like Telegram were a great idea.
- Users share in this group the funny moments of their life in text, voice and video messages, videos, and music with their besties.
Two Main Types of Group on Telegram
There are two types of the group on Telegram: private and public group.
Public groups are the type of groups that all the users, even those who are not the group’s members, can have access to it and share it wherever they want.
The benefits of such groups are that they gain more visibility and users feel more comfortable in joining and leaving the groups.
Private groups are not like that at all. The only users who have access to the Telegram group links are the owner and admins of the group.
Telegram users can join this type of group by an invitation link, and if they lose the link and leave the channel, they cannot return quickly.
In terms of member limits, the groups are divided into regular groups and supergroups.
As the supergroup title is shown, it has more capacity for a considerable number of members.
Almost all of the famous and successful groups are supertypes of groups.
Supergroups provide more valuable features for admins to control the groups.
How to Join the Telegram group?
Joining Telegram groups depends on the type of group.
As mentioned before, for joining private groups, you need an invitation link.
After receiving such a link, the only thing that you should do is tapping on the link and choose the “Join” option.
For finding a public Telegram group and joining it, you must follow some essential steps, which are given below:
- Run the app of Telegram.
- Tap on the search icon on the top-right of the Telegram screen.
- Type the organization’s name, brand, personality, or topic you are looking for in its group.
- You can see the public groups under Global Search.
- Choose a group that you want from the list and click on it.
- Once you are in the group, you can join the group by choice: tap on the “Join” section at the bottom of the group page, click on the sidebar at the top of the chat window and press “Join Channel.”
Note that on the search result, the groups and channels are going to be shown.
To distinguish groups from channels, remember that the users on public groups are entitled by “members” while you can see the title of channel members by “subscribers.”
How to Create a Group on Telegram?
You can easily create your group by any aim that you have for its creation. In this sense, you should:
- Open the app of Telegram on your device.
- If you are an Android user, click on the pencil icon in the chat list and tap on the New Group, and if you are an iOS user, click on “Chats” and then on “New Group.”
- Choose the contacts that you want to be in your group.
- Select a name and a photo for your group and click on the checkmarks.
After the creation of your group, you can add more members to the group. To do that, you can do two simple actions.
Add the contact by tapping on the “Add Member” on the setting part of the group or send the invitation links to the contacts.
Linking Telegram Groups to Telegram Channels
By Linking the Telegram group, you can create a capacity for leaving comments on channel posts.
In this sense, you can use the group you have had or create a new one specifically for commenting.
After deciding about the group’s existence, it is time to link the group to the channel.
You should follow the steps below; so you can communicate with the channel members by the feature of commenting:
- Run the Telegram app.
- Open your channel and tap on the menu. Then, choose the “Pencil” icon.
- Click on the “Discussion” option.
- Choose the group that you have to consider for linking.
- Tap on the checkmark; then, you can see that you have finished the process of a linking group to the channel.
The Bottom Line
Telegram group is one of the best features of Telegram, which is very popular among Telegram users.
You can use it for different reasons such as business, education, and entertainment.
There are two types of groups on Telegram, and you can have anyone that you want.
It is pretty simple to join or to create a group on Telegram and use its fantastic features.
In the recent updates of Telegram, you have the chance to activate commenting on Telegram by linking a group to your channel.