How To Install Two Telegram Accounts?September 11, 2021
How To Create Telegram Group?September 11, 2021
Telegram is among the most popular messaging services famous for its privacy and security, although it allows multiple devices to use the same account and various accounts on the same machine. That is why it is a unique app. The security can be made just by setting a password on Telegram.
Telegram’s headline feature is privacy. It employs end-to-end encryption. It should be noticed that it only uses this encryption in calls and its “secret chats” feature, not regular chats. We keep an awful lot of personal information on our mobiles these days, and as a result, these devices know quite a lot about us. So, it makes sense to look after the data. You can provide more security to Telegram using a password, fingerprint, or Face ID. Here’s how to protect Telegram messages with a password on iPhone and Android.
Table of Contents
How to set a password on Telegram on iPhone?
If you want to prevent unwanted access, you should set a password on Telegram messages for safe on Telegram hack and lock. If you follow the steps below, you can bring security to Telegram on your iPhone device.
- Open the Telegram app on your iPhone and tap on the cog-shaped Settings icon in the bottom-right corner;
- Choose Privacy and Security;
- Select the Passcode & Face ID;
- Tap Turn Passcode On and enter a numerical passcode for locking your Telegram app;
- On the following screen, select the Auto-lock option and pick the duration between 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, or 5 hours.
After enabling the Passcode for Telegram, an unlock icon will appear next to the Chats label at the top of the main screen. You can tap on it to block Telegram’s messages window. Next, you can unlock the Telegram app using the passcode. The messages in the Telegram app appear blurred in the App Switcher by default.
How to set a password on Telegram on Android?
Enabling passcode in the Telegram app on your Android phone is straightforward. You can also use the fingerprint scanner to lock the Telegram app in addition to using the passcode. Take the following steps.
- Open the Telegram app and select the three-bar menu icon in the top-left of the window;
- From the menu, select Settings;
- Select the Privacy and Security option under the Settings section;
- Scroll down to the Security section and select Passcode Lock;
- Toggle the switch on for the Passcode Lock;
- From the next window, you can tap on the PIN option at the top to pick between setting a four-digit pin or an alphanumeric Password. When done, tap the checkmark icon at the top-right to confirm the changes;
- The following window shows Unlock with Fingerprint option enabled by default. Under it, you can pick the Auto-lock duration for Telegram to automatically lock the app if you are away for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, or 5 hours;
- You can keep the option for Show App Content in Task Switcher enabled if you want to take screenshots in the app. If you disable it, the Telegram messages content will be hidden in the Task Switcher.
How to set a password on Telegram on Mac?
Adding a passcode to the app’s desktop version on your Mac is pretty similar to the ones you use for iPhone and Android phones. So, your Telegram messages can be protected. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Telegram app on your Mac;
- Click on the cog-shaped Settings icon at the bottom-left of the window;
- From the left pane, select Privacy and Security;
- From the right-hand window, select the Passcode option and enter an alphanumeric passcode;
- After adding the passcode, you can set the Auto-lock duration for the Telegram app to automatically lock it after 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, or 5 hours.
How to set a password on Telegram on Windows?
On Windows, add an alphanumeric passcode for securing your Telegram messages. Here’s how it is done.
- Open the Telegram app on your Windows PC;
- Click on the three-bar menu icon at the top-right of the window and select Settings;
- From the Settings, select Privacy and Security;
- Scroll down to the Local Passcode section and select Turn on local passcode;
- Enter an alphanumeric code and click the Save button when after finishing your tasks. That adds two more options under the setting to Turn on local passcode;
- Under the Local Passcode section, select the time duration for the new option for Auto-lock to let the app auto-lock Telegram if you’re away for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, or 5 hours. Once done, press the Esc key to exit settings.
After enabling the Telegram app’s passcode, no one can peek at your messages even if you leave your phone or computer unlocked and unattended. It is worth noting that the auto-lock feature automatically locks Telegram messages if you forget to lock your phone or computer manually.
What to do if we forget our Telegram passcode?
It is natural to forget our Telegram password, especially when the Telegram’s app on the iPhone, Android, macOS, or Windows has different passcodes, which is recommended.
In case of forgetting the Telegram passcode, the only thing you can do is delete the Telegram app from your phone or computer on which you forgot the passcode and then download and reinstall it again. Having registered and logged back in, all your chats synced with the Telegram’s servers will be restored, except the Secret Chats.
The bottom line
Suppose you want to prevent any strangers from having access to your computer, smartphone, or tablet. In that case, Many experts recommend to activate the password on Telegram, which is an excellent tool for the additional security of your application. Adding a passcode will secure your messages and the groups and channels you are part of. Locking Telegram is not a difficult task. This setting completes the security of your information on Telegram.